- 1 Why is MongoDB so bad?
- 2 What are the disadvantages of MongoDB?
- 3 Is MongoDB worth learning 2020?
- 4 Is MongoDB safe for production?
- 5 Is MongoDB a good choice?
- 6 Why MongoDB is so popular?
- 7 Which NoSQL database is best?
- 8 What is MongoDB best used for?
- 9 Can MongoDB replace Oracle?
- 10 Is MongoDB hard to learn?
- 11 Which database should I learn in 2020?
- 12 Which is better MongoDB or PostgreSQL?
- 13 Who is using MongoDB in production?
- 14 How many companies use MongoDB?
- 15 When should you use MongoDB?
Why is MongoDB so bad?
To many people, MongoDB was NoSQL. Difficult Scalability – With a relational database, if your data was so large that you couldn’t fit it easily into one server MongoDB had built in mechanisms like replica sets for allowing you to scale that data across multiple machines. Difficult Schema Modifications – No migrations!
What are the disadvantages of MongoDB?
There are a few disadvantages of the MongoDB NoSQL database as well.
- MongoDB uses high memory for data storage.
- There is a limit for document size, i.e. 16mb.
- There is no transaction support in MongoDB.
Is MongoDB worth learning 2020?
It’s none other than the most popular database solution across the globe- MongoDB. MongoDB is comparatively faster as well. It is also very flexible and is an excellent database for companies considering scaling. Capable of handling a huge collection of data, MongoDB is used by extremely large teams.
Is MongoDB safe for production?
MongoDB Security and Authentication
Data vary in many ways and you will obviously need to keep some information confidential. On a development workstation, it is not a big deal but because of multi-user involvement in the production mode, it is good practice to set the authentication certificates.
Is MongoDB a good choice?
Conclusion. Overall, MongoDB is a good database, provided it suits your use case. If it does not, it can get very ugly. Try using it in the wrong place and you will get burned.
Why MongoDB is so popular?
MongoDB is popular among new developers due to it’s flexibility and ease of usage. Even though it’s easy to use it still provides all the capabilities needed to meet the complex requirements of modern applications. A lot of developers like Mongo because it stores all of it’s documents in JSON.
Which NoSQL database is best?
Top 5 NoSQL databases for Data Scientists in 2020
- MongoDB. MongoDB is the most popular document-based NoSQL database.
- ElasticSearch. This NoSQL database is used if the full-text search is part of your solution.
- DynamoDB. Amazon’s NoSQL database is known for its scalability.
- HBase. This is a highly scalable, open-source distributed database system.
What is MongoDB best used for?
MongoDB is a document-oriented database which stores data in JSON-like documents with dynamic schema. It means you can store your records without worrying about the data structure such as the number of fields or types of fields to store values.
Can MongoDB replace Oracle?
So, it basically depends on the way you need to model your data. MongoDB is open source and provides enterprise and priced services and tools, but Oracle is still better. MongoDB gives you nice tools, but Oracle and other enterprise tools are simply better. MongoDB documents are not RDBMS records.
Is MongoDB hard to learn?
Yes mongodb is very easy and you can learn it from mongodb university and they will also provide you certificate for the same free of cost. Aakash Moghariya, Been using MongoDB for few years!
Which database should I learn in 2020?
Most Popular Databases among Programmers
|MySQL||Oracle Corporation||GPL (version 2) or proprietary|
|Microsoft SQL Server||Microsoft Corporation||Proprietary|
|PostgreSQL||PostgreSQL Global Development Group||PostgreSQL License (free and open-source, permissive)|
Which is better MongoDB or PostgreSQL?
Both databases are awesome. If you are looking for a distributed database for modern transactional and analytical applications that are working with rapidly changing, multi-structured data, then MongoDB is the way to go. If a SQL database fits your needs, then Postgres is a great choice.
Who is using MongoDB in production?
Who uses MongoDB? 3699 companies reportedly use MongoDB in their tech stacks, including Uber, Lyft, and Delivery Hero.
How many companies use MongoDB?
We have data on 51,878 companies that use MongoDB. The companies using MongoDB are most often found in United States and in the Computer Software industry.
When should you use MongoDB?
Companies and development teams of all sizes use MongoDB because:
- The document data model is a powerful way to store and retrieve data that allows developers to move fast.
- MongoDB’s horizontal, scale-out architecture can support huge volumes of both data and traffic.