- 1 Why are texts showing up as email?
- 2 How do I change my iMessage from email to phone number?
- 3 Can I block texts from email addresses?
- 4 How do I sync my text messages to my email?
- 5 Why does iMessage use my email instead of phone number?
- 6 Why am I getting text messages from email addresses on my iPhone?
- 7 How do you stop text messages from going to email on iPhone?
- 8 How do I stop unwanted texts?
- 9 How do I block unwanted text messages on my Samsung?
- 10 How do I stop text messages from going to my Gmail?
- 11 Can I receive text messages via email?
- 12 How do I sync my text messages to Gmail?
- 13 How can I print my text messages?
Why are texts showing up as email?
Go under “Settings, Messages” and look at the “Receive At” line. If it shows “2 Addresses” instead of just your phone number, tap on it, then tap on your Apple ID and choose “Sign out” from the choices. Next, turn iMessage OFF and back out of Settings. Finally, go back into Settings and turn iMessage ON again.
How do I change my iMessage from email to phone number?
Go to Settings – Apple ID – Name, Phone Numbers, E-mail, and look at the “Reachable At” section. Make sure that the number you want to use for iMessage and FaceTime is listed.
Can I block texts from email addresses?
Blocking Individual Senders on Android Devices
Tap the message of the sender you want to block. Hit the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Select Block contact. Hit Delete conversation in the pop-up message and confirm by selecting Block.
How do I sync my text messages to my email?
How to sync text messages to an email account on an Android device
- Open Email.
- Press Menu.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch the Exchange email address.
- Touch More (this many not be available in all devices).
- Select or clear the check box for SMS Sync.
Why does iMessage use my email instead of phone number?
It is simply using the email (which is likely your Apple ID), as an identifier of your device. This lets other Apple users send you a message to either your phone number or email address. Then turn on sms, turn off iMessage and after a minute turn imessage on again and the email should be gone.
Why am I getting text messages from email addresses on my iPhone?
It sounds like your Apple ID is activated with iMessage and your “Start new conversations from” is set to your email address, instead of your phone number. To resolve this, simply navigate to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and configure the settings to start new conversations from your phone number.
How do you stop text messages from going to email on iPhone?
Go to Settings>Messages>Receive At>Caller ID. Choose your phone number rather than your email address. Had same problem the only way I found was to turn off iMessage. That depends on who you are sending it to.
How do I stop unwanted texts?
For Android phones, look for the three dots in the top right-hand corner of your text. Click on it and select “People” and “Options.” Next, select “Block” to stop receiving spam text messages from that number.
How do I block unwanted text messages on my Samsung?
To filter out Spam Text Messages automatically from your Samsung Galaxy K Zoom, follow these steps:
- 1 From the Home screen, tap Apps.
- 2 Tap Messages.
- 3 Tap More options (3 vertical icons)
- 4 Tap Settings.
- 5 Scroll down and tap Spam filter.
- 6 Touch the slider in the top-right to enable the Spam filter.
How do I stop text messages from going to my Gmail?
Choose INTERNET SPAM BLOCKING. At the bottom of the number block list, choose BLOCK ALL TEXT MESSAGES SENT FROM THE WEB and BLOCK ALL TEXT MESSAGES FROM EMAIL. Save and close.
Can I receive text messages via email?
Well, never fear — you can use any email account to send and and receive text messages between friends and family on most any major wireless provider. Make sure you know what wireless carrier the person you are trying to reach uses, and replace ‘number’ with the 10-digit number of the person you are texting.
How do I sync my text messages to Gmail?
To get started, first enable IMAP in your Gmail account available under Gmail Settings – > Forwarding and POP/IMAP – > Enable IMAP. Next launch the SMS backup app on your phone, enter your Google account credentials and the will immediately copy all existing text messages to a new folder /label in your Gmail account.
How can I print my text messages?
Back on the SMS screen, select the View Backups button. Select the file that you backed up for the text messages you want to print. Tap the printer icon that appears at the top of the window. Step through the cloud print options to send the printout to your printer.